MUI X - Overview
MUI X is a collection of advanced React UI components for complex use cases.
These components are significantly more complex than the ones found in the MUI Core libraries. They feature advanced functionality for data-rich applications and a wide range of other use cases.
- Ship faster: Our team has invested thousands of hours into these components so you don't have to. Get up and running in a fraction of the time it would take to build from scratch.
- Expand on the power of MUI Core: MUI X components work seamlessly with MUI Core libraries like Material UI, delivering more advanced functionality, but can also be used standalone.
- Grow with us: You can start for free with the MIT-licensed packages, and upgrade to Pro or Premium when you need more advanced features or technical support.
- Dedicated maintenance: MUI X is maintained by a full-time staff of engineers, so you can rest assured that any issues will be addressed in a timely manner.
- Technical support: Pro and Premium users get access to technical support from our team as well as priority for bug fixes and feature requests.
MUI X is a collection of advanced UI components for complex use cases. Most of MUI X's components are available for free, but more advanced features require a Pro or Premium commercial license.
MUI Core focuses on empowering the creation of great design systems with React. It comes with two themes (Material Design and a in-house one). It's about solving design problems. It contains foundational UI component libraries like Material UI and MUI Base. These libraries are open source, MIT-licensed, and free forever.
MUI X components are fully compatible with MUI Core. MUI X can extend the functionality of UIs built with Material UI or MUI Base, but its components can also stand on their own, they can be used with third-parties React component libraries that implement different designs.
You can find more details about the difference in our handbook.